It's time for a challenge!

Smashing Magazine, one of my favorite design blogs, made a challenge for designers to help them improve their design skills. The challenge, in summary, is to design something everyday for 365 days. I've decided to take on that challenge and try it myself. In order to make myself accountable, I will post each design here on this blog.

Since I started the year on a cruise and have been out of the country, I will start today.

Anyone wanting to see the challenge from smahing magazine, click here

For my fist post, I decided to test out the trace and paint tool in illustrator. I used it on photographs of a starbucks coffee cup and a picture of Joe Biden. I then imported them into photoshop and trimmed them out to make my final product, "a cup of joe".





1 comments:

kirst said...

i like this idea. can't wait to see the next 364!

Post a Comment